Files can be shared online in a wide variety of ways. They can be emailed, texted via WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram, and via file storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
Alternatively, for temporary file sharing, you can use services such as WeTransfer that provide file sharing services without creating an account. All you’ll need is the recipient’s email address and the files you’re sending.
Go to WeTransfer.com. Once you agree to the terms and agreements you’ll get a very simple and easy-to-use interface.
The process of sending files is simple:
- Use the blue ‘Add your files’ button to add files, up to a maximum of 2GB.
- Enter the email account of the file recipient. You can enter multiple email accounts.
- Enter your own email address.
- Type a message.
Once you’re done adding all the files and recipient, press the Transfer button.
WeTransfer will send a verification code to your email address. Enter this code to send your files.
The transfer will start after successful verification. How long it’ll take depends on the size of the files being sent.
Once complete you’ll get a success notification.
While you can use the service without creating an account, there are some benefits to doing so. You’ll be able to:
- View all your sent and received files.
- View the time left before your files have expired.
- See how many people have downloaded your files.
- Forward your files without re-uploading them.
- Delete your files before they expire.
If you find yourself using WeTransfer frequently, it’d be a great idea to get a free account to streamline the process. You’ll get all the benefits outlined above.
You can also get additional features that enhance your experience using WeTransfer.These include:
More Storage: You’ll get 1TB of storage, bigger transfers, of up to 20GB, as well as the option to decide whether the transfers remain available for a week, a month or forever.
Better Control: This gives you the option to:
- Track your downloads, seeing how many times your transfers are downloaded.
- Manage transfers, by resending, forwarding or deleting send files.
- Set password protection and custom expiry dates.
Custom Profile: You’ll be able to:
- Get your own custom WeTransfer link. This can serve as a page that showcases your portfolio. People can then use this to send files to you.
- Display custom wallpapers when people download your files. These can be either photos or videos.
- Design your transfer emails, adding custom background for a personal touch.
Online file sharing doesn’t have to be complicated. Or expensive. Next time you need to send a file larger than 25MB, the current limit for most email servers, give WeTransfer a try. It won’t disappoint.